Wednesday, October 14, 2015

"Me Myself I" by Joan Armatrading

Joan Armatrading has earned a great deal of critical acclaim through the decades and found commercial success around much of the world; however, in the US, she's often considered a one-hit wonder since "Drop The Pilot" is her only chart appearance (hitting a modest #78 in 1983).

Armatrading is known for incorporating a variety of different genres into her eclectic songs. But at the start of the 80s, her record "Me Myself I" marked a transition to more radio-friendly pop. 
Armatrading's 1980 album, "Me Myself I", was produced by Richard Gottehrer, who also worked with Blondie.
While it didn't churn out any charting singles, "Me Myself I" turned out to be Armatrading's highest charting album in the US, reaching #28 in 1980. The title track is one of my favorite songs by this underrated artist.


No comments:

Post a Comment