Monday, July 17, 2017

"I Think I'm Paranoid" by Garbage

If you only thought that cheese came out of Wisconsin, you should know that Garbage does too. Alt-rock band Garbage debuted in 1995, but had their first significant chart hit with "Stupid Girl" in 1996 (it got to #24 and remains their biggest hit).

Garbage is led by Scottish singer Shirley Manson, but their drummer (Butch Vig) was the high-profile producer behind some of the biggest acts of the early 90s, including Nirvana, Soul Asylum, and Smashing Pumpkins.

The second album by Garbage was more accessible than the first, yet didn't score any huge hits. Singles "Push It" and "Special" each hit #52, but the best track I think the band ever did was "I Think I'm Paranoid," and it only hit #70.

Garbage is still active and released their latest effort, "Strange Little Birds," in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment