Wednesday, April 29, 2020

"I Know How You Feel" by Henry Lee Summer

My first pick to post for the Indiana singer and songwriter Henry Lee Summer was "Put A Little Love" from his should-have-been comeback record from 1999 called "Smoke & Mirrors." But I can't find it anywhere! 

So I'm going with "I Know How You Feel," an underrated track from Summer's excellent 1988 self-titled debut album. This terrific track is among many on the record that didn't chart, although he did score three hits from this record with "I Wish I Had A Girl" (#20), "Darlin' Danielle Don't" (#57), and "Hands On The Radio" (#85).

Summer's career looked more secure than it was, landing another Top 20 hit 1989 from his sophomore effort when "Hey Baby" reached #18. Despite his highest chart success, nothing else from that record made its way onto the chart and in 1991 he saw his last appearance when "Till Somebody Loves You," which featured Michael Bolton on backing vocals, tanked at #51.


No comments:

Post a Comment