Tuesday, June 2, 2020

"I Want A Love I Can See" by The Temptations

The Temptations are an iconic group from Detroit that always contained a boatload of talent despite extensive personnel changes and dramatic shifts in musical styles over the decades. They began their astounding run up the charts in 1964 when "The Way You Do The Things You Do" reached #11. They scored four #1 hits during their career: "My Girl" (1965), "I Can't Get Next To You" (1969), "Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)" (1971), and "Papa Was A Rollin' Stone" (1972).

The Temptations are ranked the 16th most successful group of the 60s, 29th for the 70s, and 23rd of all-time.

By the end of the 1980s, the wind had run out of their sails, but they scored a big comeback hit in 1991 when they helped Rod Stewart take "The Motown Song" to #10. It would be the final chart appearance of this phenomenal group.

"I Want A Love I Can See" comes from their early days when everything they touched turned to gold. This is a little-known gem that evaded the charts.


No comments:

Post a Comment